Digital media assignment 1 Art of the animated GIF blog: Reflection

Reflection

After my first assignment on the animated GIF it was a huge learning curve for me because even though I passed there was still many errors that I made and my group made too, for example we were really unorganised and we didn't really act or looked like a team we all basically just went lone wolf and did the projects on are own with out really any communication with it each other so it was pretty hard to keep up with each other since we had no clue on who has the work done or even is doing any work at all

The next error that I found out about was me presenting my part of the project to the class, I looked unprofessional, I had my head down most of the time so I wasn't looking at the people that I was speaking and showing my work too. I also looked at the screen a-lot because I wasn't too sure what I wrote so I had to read it all, so I gave barely any eye contact.

I also had too much writing when I was presenting  my part of the project I learned from the hard way that especially in this module you have to show your work more and have less writing you can have writing but not paragraphs upon paragraphs on writing, a few good short notes that give the correct and most important information on the topic that you are doing your project on.

I also learned that you really do need communication especially when your doing a group project because when it was two days before the project was do and we had to present one of my group members told me to give all my information on the GIF to him and he will get the other parts off the other member in the group and combine his section of the project to the both sections that me and my other group member made.

However it wasn't going to be as simple as I thought it would have been my group member that offered himself to combine all are work together did it at the last minute he was slacking off a tiny bit, even on the day it was due he didn't have it done, when he was finally done he cut out a lot of information and didn't even add the GIF's

My other group member that gave no communication  had a slideshow presentation of his own with so it was really hard put all are work in together, at the end of the day I learned that you really do need communication when in a group assignment and I will also have a backup plan just in case the project had major problems or if any of my group members are slacking off and not doing there work.

I also will start improving on my presentation skills like eye contact, showing more of my  work rather than having loads of information on the screen. I will also keep the writing to a low and have important bullet points instead of paragraphs.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital media assignment 2 Wikipedia blog: Product

Product Shot Assignment brief proposal

Product Shot Assignment brief